Friday, October 1, 2010

Cruelty is not a crime..boredom is

(A girl enters..lights off..complete darkness..only spot light on her..she sits down and talks directly to the audience)

You will never understand…

I know he doesn’t love me

But who needs love when you get excitement! When you don’t have a guy that will BORE you absolutely out of your head with his ridiculous stories about which car he prefers or his tedious day to day experiences

Who needs love when you get a man who can take you out of this hideous world..who gives meaning to your insignificant life..who is truly interesting

Who needs love when you get witty conversations..intelligent dialogue..mutual understanding and smooth communication

Who needs love when you get adventure..when are around a free spirit..when it seems like the secrets of life unfold whenever you are both present in a room

Who needs love when you've got passion..when you've got desire..when you've got thrill

Well I most certainly don't!

I know he sleeps around

Why do I care?! Most of the men if not all of them who are in relationships cheat..at least his honest about it..at least I know and approve of it and not a complete fool like others..maybe even in this room

A monogamous relationship is a naïve dream of a fairy tale of a school girl..a false fact that we've been raised to believe in just to grow up and grow out of it like most of our teenage beliefs

I know we will Never get married

Well I stopped believing in marriage a while ago..a social obligation that doesn't agree with me just like fancy dinner parties..pretentious and not genuine where everyone acts as if they are happy while in fact of course they are not!

See I don't really envy married people..in fact I pitty them..chained and helpless

How so boring and unlively..how so unnatural to decide on staying with someone for life..its more of a prison..never really understood weddings either..what is there to celebrate anyway..all the expenses and the fuss and for what?!

My friends think I am crazy or that he is some sort of a self-destructive habit I have

Maybe its true..but we all have our destructive habits and guilty pleasures that we fall entirely in love with..some of us eat..others smoke or drink or indulge in sex or who knows what?!

I have him!

Don't you think I haven't tried to do it "your" way..to date and engage in serious relationships with the various men that have been wholeheartedly "recommended" for me?!

Ohh I tried..I tried SO hard..but if I lived with one of those "safe" guys I could DIE! Die of boredom..they could suck the life right out of me with their monotonous voice and their righteous attitude and their one dimensional view of everything..of LIFE!

Its grey..life with these men..a Pale shade of grey!

"Cruelty is not a crime..boredom is"

Heard it once in a movie..a woman said it..a writer who had been in a relationship with her lover for years and never got married..trying to explain it to her narrow minded friend..who never understood just like you will never do..But I did and I relate!

(te2om mn 3la el korsy fag2a be3asbya mobala3' feha ledrget en el korsy yo2a3 w tez3a2)


W B3DEN WENTO MALKO ASLAN?!!!!!! Ma3ml ely ana 3yza f 7yaty?!!! Beted7'lo leh?!!! (teshwa7 be 2edeha) 3ashan sa3dty maslan ( w ted7ak be so7'rya)

LA2!!! Mesh 7a2e2y..ento mayhmkoosh ab2a sa3eeda wla la2..ento bas 3yzny a3ml zayko w 7'alas..you want me to conform..3shan lma betla2o 7ad bey3ml 7aga mo7'talefa betatro tes2lo nafsko!!! And NOOOO you don't want that..you would never want to question your values or beliefs..this is too scary for you!!!

And who said I am not happy?! I admit there comes a time when I cry endlessly and I feel like the world is crashing down one me when he decides to disappear for monthes..but it all vanishes when I see him..But you will never get it..

I told you..you will never ever understand…

Lights out

2 comments:

Lina Fekry said...

well it's so well written that I started reading with the" nooo love is essentially important for any relationship to last" attitude, and ended it with "yea who needs love when u have all the above" vision :)))

dina the title is soooo catchy.

am in love with "3shan lma betla2o 7ad bey3ml 7aga mo7'talefa betatro tes2lo nafsko!!! And NOOOO you don't want that..you would never want to question your values or beliefs..this is too scary for you" it's so true

منة said...

AYWA, no one wants to think.
people should satrt thinking "wahba" a bit more