Sunday, November 9, 2008

I want to change the world..instead I sleep

A lot of things I want to do..and even more I want to say..revolutions I want to take part in..rallies, demonstrations..history I want to witness..experiences I want to go through..things I would love to experiment..I have the world to explore…

I want to carry the world with my own bare hands and change its direction..point it where good is the destination..where justice resides..towards Utopia…

I have dreams and plans and sketches of projects and outlines of several futures enough for numerous lives.. I want to help everyone in need..I want to grant them their wishes..I want to educate every illiterate and inspire every young one..I want to restore faith to those who lost it…

I want to live, laugh..die and be resurrected..go to hell and back..I want to make everyone I love as happy as happiness can get...I want to make mistakes..regret it..correct them and do them again..I want to grow old and tell the young about my wild stories and laugh so hard to remember how crazy I used to be…

I want to listen to music..eat in the best and the worst of places..go to the fanciest restaurants..dine with royalty and then sleep on pavements with beggars..I want to balance the imbalanced..accept and be accepted…

I want to love..be loved..forget..forgive be forgotten and remembered and love again..as deeply as love can be..to the extremes of happiness and sadness I embark in a journey of self discovery..I want to feel lonely and warm ..fulfilled and dissatisfied..I want to go through everything there is to go through..Be the saint and the evil spirit…

I want to be suicidal and adventurous and yet value my life and be called careful..I wanted to be laughed at, laughed with and laughing at the world over a cup of coffee..I don’t want to be afraid to fall..get up and throw myself again…

I want to watch the world as it goes by…

I want to fulfill every good value and give birth to new ones..I want to make right everything that is wrong.. I want to save lives and better yet Souls..I want to create.. I want to set free.. I want to, literally, want to change the world…

And yet I wake up and barely find enough energy for me to breathe..All I can do is keep breathing..and it seems that this involuntary action that keeps us alive drains me out of my last ounce of energy and leaves me unable to do anything else..All I know is I am breathing..All I can do is keep breathing…

I want to change the world..instead All I can do is keep breathing..Instead I sleep…

Inspired by the lyrics of the song "Keep Breathing" by Ingrid Michaelson

No comments: